Printer-friendly > Home > Prospective Students > Application & Admission > Application Components and Required Documents > Canadian Transcripts

Canadian Transcripts

Applicants can scan and upload digital copies (pdfs) of official required documents in the application system. These are considered "unofficial documents" and will be used for initial evaluation of the applicant.

Conditional admission offers may be made based on documents uploaded to the application system; however, admission offers will not be finalized and applicants will not be allowed to register in a graduate program until one set of all required official academic records are received and validated by the University.

Uploading Transcripts

Applicants with Canadian transcripts (other than UBC) must obtain an official paper transcript for every post-secondary institution they have attended. UBC transcripts are not required.

Please ensure that the grading scale is indicated on your transcript. If no grading scale is shown, please upload it as part of your application.

Each transcript should be scanned as an individual pdf file and uploaded to the application system. Please follow any directions the specific graduate program provides regarding naming your scanned document files. Otherwise, they should be named: "Applicant Full Name-Document Description.extension"

Kelly Smith-University of Waterloo Transcript.pdf
Kelly Smith-CV.pdf
Kelly Smith-Journal of Neurosciences Paper.pdf

Transcripts must be scanned front and back. All pages of one transcript, front and back, should be uploaded as a single file (rather than a separate file for each page). Please consult the document scanning and uploading instructions provided within the online application for detailed instructions.

If you are unable to upload copies of your transcripts during the application process, please arrange for official transcripts to be submitted to the College of Graduate Studies immediately. Applications will not be reviewed until transcripts are included in the application package.  

Submitting Official Transcripts

To be considered official, academic records must either be received in official university envelopes, sealed and endorsed by the issuing institution, or be sent via secure electronic delivery by the issuing institution.

After being offered admission: If you have been offered admission conditional upon receipt of official documentation, you must provide UBC with one set of official transcripts for every post-secondary institution you have attended. If the official transcript does not indicate the degree name and the degree conferral date, then an official degree certificate is also required.

Documents should be sent directly to:

College of Graduate Studies
University of British Columbia, Okanagan Campus
EME 2121 - 1137 Alumni Avenue
Kelowna, BC  V1V 1V7

Current and Former UBC Students

You do not need to submit UBC transcripts as part of your graduate application, as this data is already available through the student database system; however, you are still responsible for submitting transcripts from all other post-secondary institutions you have attended (e.g., exchange year, transfer year, etc.).

UBC does not accept the following:

  • photocopies that have not been stamped, attested and endorsed by the Registrar at your home university
  • documents in envelopes that have been opened
  • documents that do not arrive in sealed envelopes endorsed by the issuing institution or certified translator
  • documents that arrive without the official seal of the university
  • photocopies notarized by a notary public
  • photocopies endorsed by a lawyer, professor, judge etc.
  • unofficial translations
  • non-literal translations

Do not send academic records that are not in sealed and endorsed envelopes. This will delay the processing of your application.

Document Ownership

Documents submitted in support of applications become the property of the University and may not be returned to the applicant or student. Students who submit irreplaceable material may request the return of that material. Such requests must be submitted with the original material.The College of Graduate Studies will return the material as soon as possible, and not later than six months after the student's graduation or last registration.



Last reviewed shim7/19/2017 1:50:19 PM