If the student encounters difficult circumstances that may adversely affect their attendance or performance in a course or program, they may request an academic concession. Generally, such circumstances will fall into one of two categories:
- conflicting responsibilities
- unforeseen events
Conflicting responsibilities include, but may not be limited to:
- representing the University, the province or the country in a competition or performance;
- serving in the Canadian military;
- observing a religious rite;
- working to support yourself or your family;
- and having responsibility for the care of a family member.
Unforeseen events include, but may not be limited to:
- ill health or other personal challenges that arise during a term;
- and changes in the requirements of an on-going job.
Important: Academic concession is different from academic accommodation for a disability. If a student has a disability and wishes to apply for an academic accommodation, please see the Academic Accommodation for Students with Disabilities section of the Academic Calendar
Last reviewed 3/24/2015 3:21:38 PM