When a student starts his/her degree program, he/she will consult with the supervisor(s) to develop a program of study. The program of study will consist of:
- Any required courses, seminars, directed readings, consultations or other relevant courses.
- Competency in languages other than English (if applicable).
- Comprehensive examinations.
- A doctoral dissertation describing the process and results of the student’s original research.
- Dissertation defence at a public oral examination.
It is sometimes possible for a student to change his/her program of study during the course of the degree. Any changes must be reviewed and approved by the student’s supervisory committee and home graduate program.
- Any required coursework.
- Comprehensive examinations
- A research proposal.
- Advance to candidacy before 36 months in the program.
- Orally defend the dissertation.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for more information regarding program requirements: http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/okanagan/index.cfm?tree=18,285,0,0
Last reviewed 3/24/2015 3:26:10 PM