The student’s home graduate program must approve the student’s program of study and will give the student the best information on program options. Graduate programs may:
- Require competence in languages other than English.
- Be taken on a part-time basis in some master's programs.
- Require a thesis, have a thesis option, or are entirely course-based.
- Prescribe work beyond the minimum requirements.
- The choice of these options lies with the individual graduate program and student.
- A minimum of 30 course credits, of which at least 24 must be numbered 500 to 699. In specific programs, minimum requirements may be higher than 30 course credits.
- A maximum of 6 credits at the undergraduate level in courses numbered 300 to 499 may be counted toward the requirements of a master's degree.
- An oral thesis defence for all students in thesis-based programs.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for more information regarding program requirements: http://www.calendar.ubc.ca/okanagan/index.cfm?tree=18,285,0,0
Last reviewed 3/24/2015 3:29:53 PM