TBA: November 1, 2021
Eligibility of Citizenship: Canadian
Degree Level: Doctoral
Award Status: Closed
Applicant Status: Continuing Students
The National Chapter of Canada IODE initiated War Memorial Doctoral Scholarships in 1918 to commemorate Canadians who sacrificed their lives for peace and freedom. Initially, bursaries were granted to children of men and women who lost their lives or who were permanently disabled while fighting for Canada. Since the first scholarships were awarded in 1921, IODE War Memorial Scholars have made important contributions to Canada and the world in medicine, science, business, politics and academia.
Annual Value: $15,000
- be Canadian Citizens
- hold a first degree from a Canadian university
- be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctoral program
- Applicants must apply to IODE directly. For current application forms and instructions, please visit: http://www.iode.ca/iode-war-memorial-scholarship-current-application.htmlImportant dates for the 2021-2022 competition:
- Letter of Intent to Apply must be received by IODE Canada on or before 1 October 2020
- Complete Application must be received by IODE Canada on or before 1 November 2020
Please submit all correspondence and supporting documents on or before the specified deadline dates to the IODE War Memorial Officer.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By regular mail at IODE Canada, 40 Orchard View Blvd. Suite 219, Toronto, ON M4R 1B9
The applicant’s name must appear on all pages submitted in hard copy by mail and in the subject line of all email messages.
Additional information (such as information brochure and application forms) is available on the IODE website at: http://www.iode.ca/iode-war-memorial-scholarship-current-application.html.
Please direct all inquiries to the IODE War Memorial Officer.