Graduate Student Spaces
UBC’s Okanagan campus offers two spaces for exclusive use by graduate students. Access to both areas is granted to current graduate students who agree to abide by the terms and conditions outlined on the Graduate Space Access Request Form.
The Graduate Student Collegium – social space
Arts and Science Centre (ASC 460)
7 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily
The Graduate Student Collegium offers a social place for graduate students to hang out, eat lunch, and spend time with peers. Graduate students can also book this space for events. The Graduate Student Collegium is set up in a relaxing lounge-style atmosphere, outfitted with comfortable furniture, a television, individual and group work spaces and kitchen facilities.
- To access the space, you will need to fill in a Graduate Space Access Request Form. Once you submit the form, a request will be made for a SALTO card. It takes approximately two weeks for the card to be processed. You will be notified when your card is ready and you may pick it up at the Library service desk on the first floor of the main library building. For students with existing SALTO’s, you will still be required to submit the form and will be notified once your SALTO is activated. You will be given access to both ASC 460 and COM 310.
- Check the calendar to see if the date you wish is open. You must book one week in advance
- If the date is available, fill out and submit the Graduate Collegium booking form. Please note: you may only book two hours at one time
- Once we have approved the request, you will receive an email confirmation along with additional information
- The College of Graduate Studies has the right to re-schedule existing events that are in conflict with UBC Okanagan campus graduate studies events
Booked Collegium events
The Graduate Student Commons – study space
Student Commons (COM 310)
6 a.m. to 1 a.m. daily
The Graduate Student Commons is a space uniquely designed to foster graduate student collaboration and support the overall academic wellbeing of graduate students on UBCO’s campus. Located on the top floor of the Commons, these dedicated graduate study spaces help to strengthen a sense of community for graduate students at UBC Okanagan. Filled with natural light and student-centric design, the Graduate Student Commons is an ideal space for individual or group study.
Services & Benefits:
- Two bookable meeting rooms (4-6 people)
- Powered workstations
- Adjustable height tables
- Dedicated graduate student printer
- Secure lockers
- Moveable whiteboards
Printing in the Graduate Commons:
There is a dedicated graduate student printer which uses the QuickPrint system. To use this system, please refer to the online QuickPrint guide.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access the space, you will need to fill in a Graduate Space Access Request Form
Once you submit the form, a request will be made by the Library for a SALTO card. It takes approximately two weeks for the card to be processed. You will be notified when your card is ready and you may pick it up at the Library service desk on the first floor of the main library building. Once you fill out the access form, you will be given access to both ASC 460 and COM 310. For students with existing SALTO’s, you will still be required to submit the form and will be notified once your SALTO is activated for access to the Graduate Commons space.
To book one of the Graduate Student Commons Meeting Rooms: COM 310A & COM 310C: