Online Application & Fee
STEP 1: COMPLETE Online Application & PAY Fee
All applicants are advised to use the online application system. The online application requires credit card payment via Visa or Mastercard, or debit card payments from members of the Interac network.
A non-refundable application fee is required for each graduate program to which you apply. Application fees cannot be deferred and are valid for only one application year. Application fees are non-transferrable, so please ensure that you apply to the correct program and campus.
Current Graduate Application Fees:
- Canadians (and Permanent Residents, Refugees and Diplomats): (CDN) $112.00
- International Applicants: (CDN) $168.25
You may be required to provide proof of Canadian citizenship and must provide proof of Permanent Residency.
Application Fee Waivers
The application fee is waived only in the following circumstances:
- For international applicants whose citizenship and correspondence address is located in one of the world’s least developed countries, as declared by the United Nations. These countries include but are not limited to Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, and Uganda. Complete list of eligible countries
- Seniors: BC residents who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents aged 65 years or over at the time of application
If you are eligible for an application fee waiver, you do not need to apply for it. You will not be asked for a fee when you complete the online application.
STEP 2: Upload Documents to your Application
If you did not upload all documents while completing the application, you can upload them by following these instructions:
- Sign in to the online application system.
- Click “Submitted Applications.”
- Locate the application you would like to manage.
- Click on the “Documents” button beside your application and upload the required documents.
Please note that applicants are unable to delete documents that were submitted as part of the application process, but can upload updated documents (ex. CV, statement of intent).
The College of Graduate Studies cannot transfer applications to UBC Vancouver or between programs.
STEP 3: CHECK Application Status
If you submitted an online application, please check your application status online by logging into the system through which you applied.
You may also be sent emails via the online system periodically with information on your application status and required documents. Check your email regularly, including your junk mail box.
Please allow 10 business days after the receipt of documents for verification and processing.
When you are ready to apply, or need to check the status of your application, access our online application system.