Form Type: Records and Registration
Form For: Current Students and Faculty and Staff
Students may apply to transfer from doctoral to master’s programs.
Transfers may be approved if they meet the following conditions:
- Completion of fewer than three years of the doctoral program;
- The transfer should be justified on the grounds of its appropriateness for the student’s personal or professional goals. These should be discussed by the student and their advisor.
- Transfer requires the full agreement of both the student and graduate program.
- Transfers between programs involving a change of discipline must be treated as new admissions.
- Transfers from doctoral to master’s programs may have implications for student funding.
Please see our Graduate Policy and Procedure Manual for information on transfers from doctoral to master’s degree programs.
Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Questions about the collection of this information may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org