University life is challenging! Finding a place to belong shouldn’t be difficult! Every graduate student needs to have a “home away from home”, especially when most of their time is spent on campus.
Effective May 1, 2013, the Graduate and Mature Student Collegium, located on the fourth floor in Arts and Science building (ASC 460) is being managed by the College of Graduate Studies. The Graduate Collegium offers all current registered graduate students the opportunity to have that special “gathering place”, where they can hang out, eat lunch, spend time with their peers in intellectual discussion(s) and/or use it for a planned event.
The Graduate Collegium is set up in a relaxing lounge-style atmosphere, outfitted with comfortable furniture, individual and group work spaces and kitchen facilities.
The Graduate Collegium is open Sunday through Saturday (7 days a week) from 7:00am to 11:00pm. Formal access will be granted to each graduate student wishing to use the collegium upon their acknowledgement and signing of the collegium’s terms and conditions outlined in the Collegium’s User agreement, which is available below and at the College of Graduate Studies office, EME 2121. Please complete the form and submit it to the College of Graduate Studies, EME 2121.
To request to book the Graduate Collegium for an event, please adhere to the following:
- Check the calendar below to see if the date you wish is open. You must book one week in advance.
- If the date is available, click on the booking form below and fill in your request. Please note: you may only book 2 hours at one time for a maximum of 6 hours per week.
- The College of Graduate Studies will be notified of your request via email.
- Once we have approved the request, you will receive email confirmation along with additional information.
- The College of Graduate Studies has the right to re-schedule existing events that are in conflict with UBC Okanagan campus Graduate studies events.
Last reviewed 5/1/2017 3:33:32 PM